Television & Movies
- The Muppet Show Season 2 begins in US syndication and ITV in the United Kingdom, September
- Sesame Street Season 9, November 7
- Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas on CBC, December 4
- Vila Sésamo ends its run on Globo, March 4
- Die Muppet Show begins airing in Germany on ZDF, December 3
- 1, Rue Sésame begins airing in France
- Jim Henson appears with a Green Frackle, Nigel, Floyd, Scooter, and a Muppet pig in an American Express commercial, filmed February 11
- The Muppet Show characters appear on German TV special Peter Alexander präsentiert Spezialitäten #11 on ZDF, December 1
- Russell Harty, UK 22 September
- The Bob Hope All Star Christmas Comedy Special, December 19
- Big Bird appears on Storybook Squares, December 19
- Big Bird, Oscar, Ernie and Bert on France's Numéro un, March 26
- The Alphabet Book
- Big Bird and Little Bird's Big & Little Book
- Big Bird's Red Book
- Cookie Monster and the Cookie Tree
- The Count's Number Parade
- The Ernie and Bert Book
- The Great Cookie Thief
- Oscar the Grouch's Alphabet of Trash
- The Sesame Street Little Library
- The Sesame Street Mix or Match Storybook
- The Sesame Street Riddle Book
- What Ernie and Bert Did on Their Summer Vacation
- Aren't You Glad You're You?
- Bob Sings!
- Happy Birthday from Sesame Street
- The Muppet Show
- The Muppet Show Music Hall
- The Sesame Street Fairy Tale Album
- Sesame Street Gold
- Sleepytime Bird
- What Time Is It on Sesame Street?
- Louise Gold joins The Muppet Show as their first British Muppet performer (starting in July 1977).
Muppet Character Debuts
- The Muppet Show:
- Recurring Characters: Beaker, Dr. Julius Strangepork, Link Hogthrob, Mean Mama, Doglion, Luncheon Counter Monster, Lubbock Lou, Slim Wilson, Zeke, Gramps, Bubba, Lou, The Flying Zucchini Brothers, Emily Bear, J.P. Grosse
- Recurring Background Characters: Quongo, Deer, Mickey Moose, Canary, Harold, the Singing Food, Afghan Hound, a Piglet, three smaller Crocodiles
- Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas: Emmet Otter, Harvey Muskrat, Charlie Beaver, Wendell Porcupine, Alice Otter, Hetty Muskrat, Harrison Fox, Gretchen Fox, Doc Bullfrog, Will Possum, Old Lady Possum, Yancy Woodchuck, Shirley and Nat Muskrat, George and Melissa Rabbit, Squirrels, Chuck, Stanley Weasel, Fred Lizard, Howard Snake, Pop-eyed Catfish
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.