21 Jump Street is a police drama which ran on Fox from 1987 until 1990, and for a final season in syndication. It focused on officers who went undercover in high schools and the like. It loosely inspired the 2012 film comedy 21 Jump Street and its sequel 22 Jump Street (2014), both starring Jonah Hill.
- In the season two episode "Christmas in Saigon," main character Sergeant Harry Truman Ioki, previously presumed to be a Japanese immigrant, is outed as a South Vietnamese refugee named Vinh Van Tran. An Ernie and Bert sketch is shown in one of a series of flashbacks as having been instrumental in teaching English to young Harry after his arrival in the states.
- In the third season Dinosaurs episode "Network Genius," the cover of a TV Guide-style publication shows a dinosaur cop in street clothes posed against a graffiti-adorned wall. Similar images were regularly used to promote 21 Jump Street.
- In episode 4522 (2015) of Sesame Street, Elmo, Chris and Jack Be Nimble attend the movie 11 1/2 Jump Street (referencing the 2012 movie and its sequel).
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar played Wesley Williams in "Hi Mom" (1990)
- Christina Applegate played Tina in "I'm OK - You Need Work" (1988)
- Johnny Depp played Tom Hanson
- Dom DeLuise played Uncle Nick in "Woolly Bullies" (1989)
- Bridget Fonda played Molly "Moho" Chapman in "Blinded by the Thousand Points of Light" (1989)
- Jonah Hill played Morton Schmidt in the films.
- Michael Laskin played Councilman (later Mayor) Davis (1988-1989, 4 episodes)
- Kent McCord played Tom Hanson's father in "Chapel of Love" (1988)
- Sam McMurray played Lt. Tony Brandt in "Raising Marijuana" (1988)
- Holly Robinson Peete played Judy Hoffs
- Jada Pinkett Smith played Nicole in "Homegirls" (1991)
- Blair Underwood played Reginald Brooks in "Gotta Finish the Riff" (1987)