|Music by||Joe Raposo|
|Lyrics by||Mark Saltzman|
|Publisher|| Instructional Children's Music Inc.,|
Jonico Music Inc.,
Sesame Street Inc.
The original 1980s version was spoofed in the style of an MTV music video (filmed in front of a black background), with VJ Old MacDonald introducing the song ("for fans of good music and pork bellies"). It also features MTV-style captions that refer to "Deutsche Hamaphone Records" at the beginning of the video.
A new version was filmed in 1993, intercutting the Oinker Sisters with shots of children in the park, and prominently featured tap dancing by Savion. As with early all-star epics like "Put Down the Duckie" and "Monster in the Mirror", a raft of celebrities also appeared, including Bill Irwin and David Shiner (interacting with Savion), Maya Angelou, Garth Brooks, Ruth Buzzi (as Gladys Ormphby), Michael Chang, John Goodman, Kevin Kline, Cheech Marin, the Neville Brothers, Rosie O'Donnell, Bert (footage from "Doin' the Pigeon"), Marisa Tomei and Sally Jessy Raphael. (First: Episode 3233)
- The Sesame Street cast performed it in the 1997 Sesame Street Live show Elmo's Coloring Book.
- Baby Bear sings the song to himself in Episode 3822.
- Miles and Gabi sang this song in Episode 3983. The two also performed the song at a karaoke night in Episode 4031.
- On Plaza Sésamo, Ha*Ash performed this song with Lola.
- In the 1993 remake, the Oinker Sisters are puppeteered by David Rudman, Joey Mazzarino and Jim Kroupa. Savion Glover choreographed the on-location dancing scenes.
- Sing: Songs of Joe Raposo (1992)
- Sesame Street Celebrates! (1994)
- Elmo's Coloring Book (1997, Sesame Street Live version)
- Hot! Hot! Hot! Dance Songs (1997)
- Songs from the Street (2003, with Destiny's Child)
- Elmo's Dance Party (2012)
- Dance Along! (1990, introduction removed)
- Get Up and Dance (1997)
Miles, Gabi and Destiny's Child version:
- Sesame Sings Karaoke (2003)
Destiny's Child version:
- The Sesame Street Songbook (1992 edition only)
- Sesame Street: 20 and Still Counting (1989, clip)