Sesame Street celebrated its 10th anniversary in the spring of 1979 with a half-hour PBS special hosted by James Earl Jones entitled A Walking Tour of Sesame Street. The special aired on individual PBS stations at various times between March and May 1979.
Big Bird, Oscar the Grouch, Barkley and human members of the cast (Mr. Hooper, Bob, Linda, and Olivia) appeared on the street with Jones as he showed clips from the first ten years and talked about the show, the street, the characters, and their world-wide impact.
- The special was originally titled Now We Are Ten.
- The special was screened daily at the Smithsonian Institution during the "Ten Years of Sesame Street" exhibit housed there during the summer of 1979.
Cast and crew
- Credited: Caroll Spinney as Big Bird and Oscar
- Uncredited: Linda Bove as Linda, Emilio Delgado as Luis, Bob McGrath as Bob, Alaina Reed Hall as Olivia Robinson, Will Lee as Mr. Hooper, Brian Muehl as Barkley.
- Uncredited, in archive segments: Bill Cosby, Buffy Sainte-Marie as Buffy
- ↑ CTW Newsletter, Fall 1979
- A-B-Chorus Line, a proposed 10th anniversary special for the show