|Release Date||September 30, 2008|
|Produced by||Genius Entertainment|
The production was created specifically for DVD release, but it also aired on PBS on November 28, 2008 as part of PBS Kids' "Feast of Favorites" celebration after Thanksgiving. It was aired again on December 29, 2008 during the holiday season.
Cast of characters
- Abby Cadabby as Alice
- Elmo as the Red Rabbit
- Grover as the Mad Hatter
- Cookie Monster as the Cheshire Cookie Cat
- Count von Count as the Counter-pillar
- Oscar the Grouch as the Grouch of Hearts
- Rosita as Little Rose (Rose-ita)
- Zoe as Mousey the Hatter Helper
- Ernie and Bert as Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum
- The televised version that aired in November 2008 featured a What's the Word on the Street? segment for "rhyme" (from Episode 4153) and the street scene for Episode 4161 to round out the hour (complete with "Octagon" opening and title card).
- The production received a limited theatrical release during September 2008 through Kidtoon Films.
- The Red Rabbit does not speak in third-person like his real-world counterpart Elmo does, a rarity among Elmo's Alternate Identities.
Merchandise and premiums
Any of Abby and Elmo's promotional appearances in book stores were based around the "T" party concept.
- October 1, 2008: Abby Cadabby and Elmo promote the DVD at Barnes & Noble's Tribeca store in Manhattan.
- October 4, 2008: Abby Cadabby walked the pink carpet at the Sheppard Grande theatre in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Following the pink carpet, there was a screening of the movie. (Tickets were available through contests with CHFI-FM and The National Post, and on the web).
- October 6, 2008: Abby Cadabby, Elmo, Grover and Cookie Monster visit Martha for a tea party to celebrate the release of "Abby in Wonderland" on DVD.
- October 8, 2008: Abby Cadabby and Elmo appear to promote the DVD at Barnes & Noble's Glendale, California store.
- October 8, 2008: Abby Cadabby and Elmo appear on Hollywood 411 promote the DVD.
- October 13, 2008: Abby Cadabby and Elmo appear on The Bonnie Hunt Show to plug the DVD.
- Starring The Muppets of Sesame Street:
- With Muppet Performers:
- Executive Producer: Carol-Lynn Parente
- Co-Executive Producer: Kevin Clash
- Coordinating Producer: April Chadderdon
- Senior Producer: Melissa Dino
- Producers: Tim Carter, Benjamin Lehmann
- Directed by Kevin Clash
- Written by Christine Ferraro
- Music Director: Loren Toolajian
- Songs by Mark Radice
- Music by Loren Toolajian, Bill Lacey
- Vocal Coach: Dave Conner
- Senior Muppet Consultant: Kevin Clash
- Assistant Muppet Captain: Matt Vogel
- Jim Henson's Creature Shop
- Associate Director: Ken Diego
- Design Consultant: Rickey Boyd
- Set Consultant and Street Set Design: Victor DiNapoli
- Storyboard Artist: Louis Mitchell
- Senior Graphic Designer: Mike Pantuso
- Sound Effects: Dick Maitland, C.A.S.
- Animation by Magnetic Dreams Animation Studio
- Technical Director: Tom Guadarrama
- Cameras: Frank Biondo, Jerry Cancel, Shaun Harkins
- Utility: Chuck Tutino, Gordon Price, Chris Primzivali
- Director of Music Operations: Danny Epstein
- DVD Production: Frank Campagna, Franco Schettino
- Vice President Education and Research: Rosemarie T. Truglio, Ph.D.
- Senior Curriculum Specialist: Autumn Zitani Stefano, M.A.
- Taped at Kaufman Astoria Studios
- "Abby Celebrates DVD Release With Magical ‘T’ Parties", Sesame Workshop, 2008.
- Alliance Films and Sesame Workshop press release, "SESAME STREET’S NEWEST MUPPET, ABBY CADABBY, FLIES INTO CANADA AND MAKES HER DEBUT IN TORONTO AND IN “WONDERLAND”", 25 September 2008.