Character Translations and Voices
|English Character Name||Portuguese Character Name||Portuguese Voice Actor|
|Prairie Dawn||Diana||Bárbara Lourenço|
|Zoe||Zoe||Ana Luís Martins|
|Cookie Monster||Monstro das Bolachas||Unknown|
|Kermit the Frog||Sapo Cocas||Mário Bomba|
- The name translation for Big Bird is "Passarão". In Brinca Comigo, the second dubbed version of the series, Big Bird is called Poupas, the resident bird from Portugal.
- A confusion struck between character translations for Elmo and Telly. Instead of Elmo's original name, Simão, he is renamed to Telmo, Telly's Portuguese name. Telly's name was left unmodified. This was carried on to Rua Sésamo ao Vivo for unknown reasons. This was reverted in the second dub.
- Abre-te Sésamo was the name of the first European-Portuguese dub package from the 1970s.
- personal correspondence with the dub director.
- The now defunct tour site
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.