Africa is the world's second largest and second most-populous continent, after Asia. It covers 6.0% of the Earth's total surface area, and 20.4% of the total land area. With more than 890 million people, it accounts for about 14% of the world's human population. Countries on the continent include Egypt and South Africa.
- Roosevelt Franklin teaches a class about Africa in a "Roosevelt Franklin Elementary School" segment. Smart Tina thinks that Africa is just one big jungle, because that's how she's seen it in Tarzan movies, but Roosevelt Franklin explains that only a small part of Africa is covered by jungle. (First: Episode 0666)
- Bunsen Honeydew and Beaker accidentally teleport Kermit to Africa in episode 219 of The Muppet Show. When they bring Kermit back, he's being attacked by a gorilla.
- In a photo spread from the Spring 1986 issue of Muppet Magazine, Robin Leach and Miss Piggy go on an African safari.
- Global Grover made a visit to the continent and taught the Elephant about how children in Africa prepare for school.
- The first half of the 1997 film George of the Jungle, which featured animatronic effects by Jim Henson's Creature Shop, takes place in a fictional area of Africa called the Bukuvu.