|Written by||Joe Raposo|
|Publisher||Jonico Music, Inc.|
One version was performed by Kermit the Frog and a group of Anything Muppets (voiced by Ladysmith Black Mambazo), made up of five different patterns: Fat Blue, Lavender, Pumpkin, Purple, and Reddish Magenta. The creatures of the savanna, including numerous frogs and birds, sing along as well. Kermit recites a short story in which each word begins with a consecutive letter of the alphabet as they are sung.
A worm parody of the group, "Wormsmith Black Mambazo," later sang the song in Episode 3448.
- The Paul Simon version was taped on May 4, 1987 and was directed by Jon Stone.
- Jim Henson: A Sesame Street Celebration (1991)
- Sesame Street Celebrates! (1994)
- Sesame Street Best (1997)
- Songs from the Street: 35 Years of Music (2003)
- Lyrical Letters (2014)
- Shalom Sesame: Passover (1990)
- The Best of Kermit on Sesame Street (1998)
- The World According to Sesame Street (2006, excerpt)
- 40 Years of Sunny Days (2009)
- ABCs with Elmo (2010)
- Sing! Sesame Street Remembers Joe Raposo and His Music (1990, with added narration by Jon Stone)
- The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson (1990, clip)
- The Street We Live On (2004, brief clip during timeline sequence only)
- Sesamestreet.org Kermit's version:
- SesameStreet's YouTube Channel Kermit's version: Wormsmith version: