Annie Evans is a writer who was on the Sesame Street writing staff from 1995 through 2016. She was part of the writing teams that developed the recurring segments Elmo's World and Elmo the Musical. She married Muppet performer Martin P. Robinson in 2008.
Evans also scripted the Wubbulous World of Dr. Seuss episode "Who Are You, Sue Snue?", Big Bag, and Panwapa. She also served as a consultant on Galli Galli Sim Sim, the Indian co-production of Sesame Street.
An established playwright, Evans' plays, for puppets and for people, include Ghost Stories and several monologues. Her one-act play Pigeon-Holed is a partial parody of Sesame Street which has been staged at the O'Neill Puppetry Conference where she is an Artistic Associate. Together with Marty Robinson, she ran the official Sesame Workshop parenting blog Sesame Family Robinson. She was credited producer and dramaturg for Robinson's Halloween play All Hallow's Eve in 2019.
Outside of Sesame Street, Evans' writing credits include Gullah Gullah Island, Oswald, and Jojo's Circus.
- A is for Asthma (with Luis Santeiro)
- Bert & Ernie's Word Play (with Billy Aronson)
- Computer Caper (with Cathi Rosenberg-Turow and Christine Ferraro)
- Elmo Says BOO! (with Emily Perl Kingsley)
- Sesame Street Goes to the Doctor
- Music Works Wonders (with Luis Santeiro)
- Zoe's Dance Moves
- Ready for School! (with Christine Ferraro and Joey Mazzarino)
- The Get Healthy Now Show
- One World, One Sky: Big Bird's Adventure
Sesame Street episodes written by Evans include:
- Elmo's World
- Elmo the Musical
- Ruthie presents the letter E with an elephant (First: Episode 3850)
- Cookie Monster and Prairie Dawn draw a computer cookie (First: Episode 3889)
- New material for Diana Krall singing "Everybody's Song" (First: Episode 3961)
- Grover conducts an emotional piece of music (First: Episode 3975)
- Number of the Day: #9 (First: Episode 3999)
- Telly and Elmo cooperate playing "The Blue Danube" (First: Episode 4007)
- Spanish Word of the Day: Música (First: Episode 4079)
- Telly and Oscar demonstrate words that begin with B (First: Episode 4248)
- ↑ episode scripts
- ↑ Sesame Family Robinson: "Telly and Oscar Together Again." September 24, 2009 (archived)