Annie Evans is a writer who has been on staff with Sesame Street writing staff from 1994 through 2016. She has been one of the principal writers for Elmo's World and was lyricist for the songs "Peaches and Pears" and "I Love Fruit" from Episode 4089. Previously, she scripted the Wubbulous World of Dr. Seuss episode "Who Are You, Sue Snue?", Big Bag, and Panwapa. Evans also served as a consultant on Galli Galli Sim Sim, the Indian co-production of Sesame Street.
An established playwright, Evans' plays, for puppets and for people, include Ghost Stories and several monologues. Her one-act play Pigeon-Holed is a partial parody of Sesame Street which has been staged at the O'Neill Puppetry Conference where she is an Artistic Associate. Together with her husband, Sesame Street puppeteer Martin P. Robinson, she ran the official Sesame Workshop parenting blog Sesame Family Robinson.
Outside of Sesame Street, she also wrote for Gullah Gullah Island during its fourth season.
- A is for Asthma (with Luis Santeiro)
- Bert & Ernie's Word Play (with Billy Aronson)
- Computer Caper (with Cathi Rosenberg-Turow and Christine Ferraro)
- Sesame Street Goes to the Doctor (with Christine Ferraro)
- Music Works Wonders (with Luis Santeiro)
- Zoe's Dance Moves
- Ready for School! (with Christine Ferraro and Joey Mazzarino)
- The Get Healthy Now Show
- One World, One Sky: Big Bird's Adventure