Annie Get Your Gun is a musical by Irving Berlin, about real-life sharpshooter Annie Oakley, as told to the audience by Buffalo Bill. With a book by Herbert and Dorothy Fields, it premiered on Broadway in 1946, starring Ethel Merman. Famous songs include "Anything You Can Do" and "There's No Business Like Show Business," both of which have been performed by the Muppets.
Songs Performed by the Muppets
- "There's No Business Like Show Business"
- -Performed by Ethel Merman and the Muppets on episode 122 of The Muppet Show.
- -Performed by the Muppets on episode 412 of The Muppet Show.
- -The Muppet Show Live featured a parody of the song, "What Happened to Show Business".
- -The Muppets: A Celebration of Thirty Years featured the Ethel Merman recording in a clip montage at the beginning of the special.
- "Anything You Can Do"
- -Sam and Friends featured Kermit and precorded footage of himself, singing a parody duet.
- -The Mike Douglas Show featured a robot singing the song.
- -Performed by Ethel Merman and Miss Piggy on episode 122 of The Muppet Show.
- -Performed by Gonzo and Floyd Pepper on episode 305 of The Muppet Show.
- On Sesame Street, a "Dinner Theatre" segment was presented as "Annie Get Your Gumbo" in Episode 4155. A family who eats gumbo together, sings about it together with the parody song "There's No Dinners Like Family Dinners".
- Irving Davies played Tommy Keeler in the 1947 West End production
- Jane Horrocks played Annie Oakley in a 2009 London revival.
- Nick Jonas was a replacement for Little Jake (Annie's brother) in the 1999 revival
- Cheryl Ladd played Annie Oakley in the 1999 revival.
- Susan Lucci played Annie Oakley in the 1999 revival.
- Donna McKechnie played Annie Oakley in a National Tour.
- Ethel Merman originated the role of Annie Oakley on Broadway and reprised it in the 1966 revival
- Jerry Orbach played Charlie Davenport in the 1966 revival
- Bernadette Peters played Annie Oakley in the 1999 revival.
- Maria Lucia Heiberg Rosenberg played Annie Oakly, in a production on "Det Ny Teater" in Denmark