Baby Bean Bunny appeared in the late 1989/1990 seasons of Muppet Babies as a baby version of Bean Bunny. He joined the other babies in the nursery, and often appeared innocent and rather naive in contrast to the others. According to the episode "The Transcontinental Whoo-Whoo," Baby Bean Bunny is one of the only characters who is toilet-trained. In contrast to his puppet counterpart, Bean has bright blue eyes, instead of black button eyes.
In the Muppet Babies canon, Bean is the same age as the others, whereas in the regular "adult" Muppet canon, he's much younger than the other Muppets.
Baby Bean is the only post-Muppet Show character to appear in both pre-teen and adult form.
Bean appears as one of the many pictures in the play room of the 2018 reboot series. His photo replaces Baby Swedish Chef’s in the second season.
- Episode 702: Quoth the Weirdo
- Episode 705: Puss N' Boots N' Babies
- Episode 708: Muppet Babies: The Next Generation
- Episode 709: Buckskin Babies (fantasy sequence only)
- Episode 710: Sing a Song of Superheroes
- Episode 711: Gonzee's Playhouse Channel
- Episode 712: Kermit Pan
- Episode 713: Whose Tale Is It, Anyway?
- Episode 714: ...At the Movies
- Episode 715: In Search of the Bronzed Beetle
- Episode 801: Transcontinental Whoo-Whoo
- Episode 802: Get Me to the Perch on Time