|Music by||Paul Jacobs|
|Lyrics by||Sarah Durkee|
|Publisher||King Dog Music|
Splotched Animal Music Co.
Jive Durkee Music
Sesame Street Inc.
"Between" is a Sesame Street song about the word "between," originally performed by Jeff Redd in season 21. The segment utilizes chroma key to demonstrate many uses of the word, such as the cheese in a sandwich, a car being driven inside the painted lines, and the creme in a cookie.
A new version of the song featuring Wayne Brady was taped in season 34 (with modified lyrics by Christopher Cerf) (First: Episode 4031). Elmo leaves Wayne to demonstrate between and is helped by the Two-Headed Monster, Big Bird, Mr. Snuffleupagus, a Dinger, two Honkers, Cookie Monster, Baby Bear, Telly, Zoe, and Rosita. At one point, Brady is squeezed by two slices of bread, one of them played by Bruce Connelly.
- The Season 34 version of the song was taped on December 9, 2002, and was directed by Emily Squires.
Wayne Brady version:
- What's the Name of That Song? (2004, intro cut)
- SesameStreet's YouTube Channel (Wayne Brady)
- "Five minutes with ... R. Bruce Connelly, actor who plays Barkley the Dog on Sesame Street." Island Packet. January 26, 2008
- Documents provided by trusted source