|Music by||Paul Jacobs|
|Lyrics by||Sarah Durkee|
|Publisher||King Dog Music|
Splotched Animal Music Co.
Jive Durkee Music
Sesame Street Inc.
"Between" is a Sesame Street song from the early 1990s, describing what the word means. The song was originally performed by Jeff Redd, in a music video utilizing chroma key to demonstrate many uses of the word (such as cheese in the middle of two slices of bread to make a sandwich, driving a car between the lines on a road, creme between a cookie, and so on).
A new version of the song featuring Wayne Brady was taped in season 34 (with modified lyrics by Christopher Cerf) (First: Episode 4031). Elmo leaves Wayne to demonstrate between and is helped by the Two-Headed Monster, Big Bird, Mr. Snuffleupagus, a Dinger, two Honkers, Cookie Monster, Baby Bear, Telly, Zoe, and Rosita. At one point, Brady is squeezed by two slices of bread, one of them played by Bruce Connelly.
- The Season 34 version of the song was taped on December 9, 2002, and was directed by Emily Squires.
Wayne Brady version:
- What's the Name of That Song? (2004, intro cut)
- SesameStreet's YouTube Channel (Wayne Brady)
- "Five minutes with ... R. Bruce Connelly, actor who plays Barkley the Dog on Sesame Street." Island Packet. January 26, 2008
- Documents provided by trusted source