|Written by||Liza Alexander|
|Series||Learn About Music|
Big Bird Meets the Orchestra is a 1993 Sesame Street storybook in the "Learn About Music" book and tape series, using Sesame characters to teach classical music and the sounds that instruments make. The book was an updated variation of the 1989 title Meet Big Bird's Orchestra, altered to include the then-current cast of characters.
The Sesame Street Orchestra is rehearsing for a concert celebrating Slimey the Worm's birthday. Scheduled conductor Don Music can't make it, so Big Bird takes over. Prairie Dawn coaches him through it, teaching him how to conduct and the different instrumental sections. No classical pieces are included in this version, instead using brief, original music by producer Geni Sackson.
- Caroll Spinney as Big Bird and Oscar the Grouch
- Fran Brill as Prairie Dawn, Roxie Marie, and Betty Lou
- Jerry Nelson as Count von Count
- Kevin Clash as Elmo and Hoots the Owl
- Marty Robinson as Snuffleupagus and Telly Monster
- Carmen Osbahr as Rosita
- In the cast list on the back of the book, Roxie Marie's first name is incorrectly spelled with a 'Y'.