Black Dynamite is an animated series on Cartoon Network's [adult swim] block, based on the movie of the same name.
- The pilot episode, "Trouble on Puppet Street," features many references to Sesame Street and The Muppet Show. Black Dynamite and his crew are hired to take out That Frog Kurtis, the main character of "The Puppet Show" (described by a government agent as a low-budget way to entertain kids while the school system was fledgling), as he is about to start a child robbery wave across the country. Arriving at Puppet Street, they blow up Crenshaw the Slime, a trash can-dwelling creature. They are soon captured by Kurtis and his army (featuring spoofs of Ernie, Bert and Big Bird), but Kurtis is quickly defeated. "The Puppet Show" seen in the episode mixes elements of The Muppet Show (such as the logo and theater setting), Sesame Street (a brownstone and garage are seen on stage) and other references (including a rainbow on stage).
- For the season one finale, there was a sequel episode, "That Seed of Kurtis, aka Fathers is Just Another Word for Motherf****r", where That Frog Kurtis' son, Brother Minister That Bastard Kurtis, plans on using Black Dynamite's father Reverend Daddy Dynamite for revenge.
- In the Season Two episode "Mister Rogers' Revenge or Please Don't You Be His Neighbor", PBS executives attempt to convince Mr. Rogers to introduce kids to Waka Blocka Blaow, a character designed to sell products to kids who resembles Fozzie Bear, and his voice actor Waka Flocka Flame.
- That Frog Kurtis later made an appearance in the two-part series finale "The Wizard of Watts".
- Snoop Dogg voices Leroy Van Nuys
- Arsenio Hall voices Tasty Freeze
- Nicole Sullivan played Patricia Nixon in the 2009 film