Lopez' other work with Marx includes the Tony Award-winning puppet musical Avenue Q. They also collaborated with Debra Fordham and Paul F. Perry on the songs for a musical episode of Scrubs in which Stephanie D'Abruzzo guest-starred.
Lopez and his wife, Kristen Anderson-Lopez, adapted Pixar's non-musical animated film Finding Nemo as a thirty-minute stage musical featuring over-sized puppets for Disney's Animal Kingdom theme park in 2007.
Lopez commented on creating Kermit, Prince of Denmark, which was very loosely based on Hamlet:
“I took Harold Bloom's class at Yale. He always said, "If you put any other character in literature into the center of the Hamlet story, the story would be over in a matter of minutes. He would kill the king and that would be the end of it." But if you put Kermit the Frog at the center of the Hamlet story, everyone would end up saying "I'm sorry" and talking and apologizing and forgiving each other at the end. We thought that was funny.”
- Bear in the Big Blue House
- "Clean Up the Truck" (with Kristen Anderson)
- "The Wide, Wide World" (with Kristen Anderson)
- "Everything Is Great About the Library" (with Kristen Anderson)
- "Oh, What a Game" (with Jeff Marx)
- ↑ Avenue Q: The Book, p. 10