In each episode, Bear would visit a different home and follow one child's morning ritual, often beginning with a surprise wake-up call from Bear, and finishing with Bear and his new friend enjoying breakfast or heading out to school. Throughout the morning, Bear aided the child with their daily preparations, hygienic needs, games, songs, breakfast, and other daily traditions.
Segments from other shows in the programming block varied in length, so the framing sequences of the hour-long Breakfast with Bear block totaled between 15 to 20 minutes per episode.
Three original songs from the series were released on a Playhouse Disney CD in October 2005.
- Kayla of Poughkeepsie, NY
- Abigail of Westport, CT
- Christopher of New York City's "Big Apple Circus"
- Ryan of Granada Hills, CA
- Rachel M. of San Marino, CA
- Brittany of Bronx NY
- Amanda of Oxnard, CA
- Paige of Elmont, NY
- Giavanna of West Hills, CA
- Mackenzie of Fallbrook, CA
- Rachel of Cypress, CA
- Jonathan at Fort Irwin National Training Center (U.S. Army Base near Barstow, CA)
- Chelsea & Griffin
- Noah of Northridge, CA
- The Walt Disney Company. Breakfast With Bear Press Release. May 31, 2005