Busch Gardens Tampa (formerly known as Busch Gardens Africa and Busch Gardens: The Dark Continent) is an African-themed animal park and theme park located in Tampa, Florida. Busch Gardens Tampa is owned and operated by SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment.
The park features the "Sesame Street Safari of Fun" attraction area, which first opened in spring 2010. The area depicts the Sesame Street characters in costumes and settings that "celebrate the spirit of Africa."
Sunny Day Theater
Outdoor theater where live shows are performed.
- A is for Africa
- Elmo Rocks
- Let's Play Together
- The Count's Not-Too-Scary Halloween Spooktacular (seasonal, 2018-)
- Elmo's Christmas Wish (seasonal)
Stores and Dining
- Abby Cadabby's Treasure Hut
- Big Bird's 123 Smile with Me - character photo area
- Cookie Monster's Trading Post
- Dine with Elmo and Friends! - character dining
- Snack-n-Geti Tribal Treats
Former & One-Shot
Sesame Street Kids' Weekends
Special weekend event with games, activities, dance parties, and character photo ops. Some weekends will revolve around a certain theme (i.e.: Rubber Duckie Weekend, Pirate Weekend, etc.) It is also the only time when all characters appear together.
Busch Gardens Tampa has two exclusive Sesame Street Safari of Fun toys -- plush dolls of Elmo and Zoe in safari gear. Elmo has binoculars and Zoe has a camera; they're both toting green backpacks with the "Safari of Fun" logo. Visitors can also make a set of pressed pennies in the park.
Promotion and grand opening
A construction worker named Bif (Peter Linz) appeared at a press event promoting the section in January 2010, while Elmo (Kevin Clash) appeared with park General Manager Jim Dean at the attraction's March 2010 opening.
- ↑ "Detailed look at the upcoming Sesame Street Safari of Fun at Busch Gardens", Attractionsmagazine.com. January 15, 2010.