Candice Bergen (b. 1946) is an actress who won five Emmy Awards for playing the lead character in the sitcom Murphy Brown. The daughter of Edgar Bergen and Frances Bergen, her other credits include Miss Congeniality (with Sandra Bullock), Sweet Home Alabama (with Reese Witherspoon), and appearing as a regular on Boston Legal.
- 1975: Performed "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" with King Ploobis and the Land of Gorch characters on Saturday Night Live, as part of a sketch titled "Ploobis' Christmas Party."
- 1976: Guest star on episode 115 of The Muppet Show where she, among other things, had various images painted of herself, and then was painted herself (by Animal, naturally), and sang along with Gonzo, Blue Frackle, and others to "You Gotta Have Friends."
- 1979: Appeared in the special The Muppets Go Hollywood.
- 1989-1990: Made several guest appearances on Sesame Street.
- In her Murphy Brown guise, she interviewed Oscar the Grouch. (First: Episode 2696)
- One segment featured Elmo interviewing "Miss Bergen." (First: Episode 2726)
- She voiced the character Murphy Brownbag. (First: Episode 2714)
- Lip-synched to "C is for Cookie" to a very startled Maria. (First: Episode 2710)
- Appeared in the celebrity edition of "Monster in the Mirror."
- 1990: Featured in the special Sing! Sesame Street Remembers Joe Raposo and His Music, in a song montage of "Sing."
- 1996: Bergen contributed a "Tortellini Salad" recipe for Miss Piggy's cookbook, In the Kitchen with Miss Piggy.