Caroly Wilcox began working in the New York Muppet Workshop in 1969, as work on Sesame Street began. Wilcox originally worked as an occasional puppeteer as well as a builder and designer, assisting on Ernie and performing in occasional sketches (such as "First and Last").
Wilcox became the workshop supervisor for the Sesame Muppets, and remained so until her retirement in 1990. Wilcox was viewed as the expert Muppet maker; she trained many of the Muppet builders.
- Sesame Street - Workshop Supervisor
- Saturday Night Live - built Scred
- The Muppet Show - built Mildred Huxtetter, Sopwith the Camel, Doglion and Betsy Bird (with Cheryl Blaylock)
- Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas
- Christmas Eve on Sesame Street
- Fraggle Rock
- Follow that Bird - built Miss Finch
- Puppetman - built Earl with Jitka Exler