Cartoon Network is a cable channel owned by WarnerMedia, and formerly an outlet of Turner Broadcasting System. The channel showcases animated programming, originally drawing from the library of Warner Bros. and Hanna-Barbera cartoons. It also created spin-off channels Boomerang and Cartoonito.
The network allied with Children's Television Workshop to produce Big Bag, a combination of Muppet segments and animation that aired from 1996 to 1998. Cartoon Network India co-funded and aired Galli Galli Sim Sim, an Indian co-production of Sesame Street.
A proposed animated series based on The Dark Crystal was planned in the mid-2000s for the network's former "Toonami" programming block, but was ultimately abandoned. A series of shorts produced by The Jim Henson Company, Hotdog TV, briefly aired on the channel in the summer of 2010.
Sesame Street aired on Cartoonito in the UK from 2016-17.
- On November 10, 2018, the anniversary of Sesame Street's premiere, Cartoon Network social media posted an illustration of characters from several of the channel's shows as Muppets gathered around a lamppost mimicking the Sesame Street sign. These include Jake the Dog (from Adventure Time) as Big Bird, Ruby and Amethyst (Steven Universe) as Elmo and The Count, Gumball and Darwin (The Amazing World of Gumball) as Bert and Ernie, Beast Boy (Teen Titans Go!) as Oscar, and Ice Bear (We Bare Bears) as Cookie Monster.
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOEsEjhYmAw
- ↑ https://muppetcentral.com/forum/threads/fraggle-rock-on-boomerang-uk-tv-july-23rd.30550/
- ↑ https://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/turner-signs-up-fraggle-rocks-doozers-to-air-on-cartoonito/5046556.article
- ↑ https://www.cartoonito.co.uk/tv-show/sesame-street
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4JoCDL6W54
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WHtT3ocr6s