Cartoon Network is a cable channel owned by WarnerMedia, and formerly an outlet of Turner Broadcasting System. The channel showcases animated programming, originally drawing from the library of Warner Bros. and Hanna-Barbera cartoons. It also created the spin-off channel Boomerang.
The network joined with Children's Television Workshop to produce Big Bag, a combination of Muppet segments and animation that aired from 1996 to 1998. Cartoon Network India co-funded and aired Galli Galli Sim Sim, an Indian co-production of Sesame Street.
A proposed animated series based on The Dark Crystal was planned in the mid-2000s for the network's former Toonami programming block, but was ultimately abandoned. A series of shorts produced by The Jim Henson Company, Hotdog TV, briefly aired on the channel in the summer of 2010.
The Sesame Street special Elmo's Playdate premiered on the network on April 14, 2020 as a simulcast alongside other Warner-owned networks.
- On November 10, 2018, the anniversary of Sesame Street's premiere, Cartoon Network social media posted an illustration of characters from several of the channel's shows as Muppets gathered around a lamppost mimicking the Sesame Street sign. These include Jake the Dog (from Adventure Time) as Big Bird, Ruby and Amethyst (Steven Universe) as Elmo and The Count, Gumball and Darwin (The Amazing World of Gumball) as Bert and Ernie, Beast Boy (Teen Titans Go!) as Oscar, and Ice Bear (We Bare Bears) as Cookie Monster.
- ↑ YouTube: Cartoon Network promos and IDs, November 2016
- ↑ YouTube: Boomerang (Australia) Fraggle Rock promos
- ↑ Muppet Central forum
- ↑ Animation World Network: 'Doozers' to Premiere on Cartoonito, September 12, 2012
- ↑ Sesame Street on Cartoonito UK