To discuss article changes, please use:
If you see comments on this page, they remain for archive purposes.
I think this category has grown to the point where we could consider splitting it up into subcategories. For example, we've got a category for Farscape Characters, so I think Farscape Actors is probably in order. What do other folks think? -- Danny (talk) 16:05, 31 May 2008 (UTC)
- It would propperly be a good idea to split it up into the subcategories for each production type. Henrik (talk) 17:33, 31 May 2008 (UTC)
- I think that's a pretty good idea (especially since this category grows at a steadier rate than some, since we still have a lot of territory that hasn't been covered), but we should thresh out the exact division here first. The largest single grouping would probably be Creature Shop Movie Actors. We could then break those down, but there's the biggest overlap among actors there and in general I'm not sure there's much percentage in having a "Category:Buddy Actors" and so on, so my feeling would be to leave that as a broad grouping unless a specific entry warrants it, and I don't think any do right now.
- Farscape Actors makes sense (Henrik's been doing some good work on that, I have some more of my own to add, and there's more than 100 new entries to be added there). By the same token, a StoryTeller Actors category would be useful (we have a lot of entries already plus redlinks, though it would probably make the most sense to combine that with the Greek Myths folks).
- After that, it starts to get iffy. Dinosaurs, for example, used about a dozen or so actors sporadically (in caveman cameos or the two infomercial episodes only) so I'm not sure it's worth breaking them off. And then there's things like Monster Maker and other Jim Henson Hour stuff that hasn't been delved into yet and so on. So my thought right now would be to make a Creature Shop TV Show Actors category asa a catch-all, and we can always spin off any group that needs its own category (I'll be adding more Aliens in the Family actors soon, but again that total's not too large, probably around 40 tops).
- So to sum up: Farscape Actors, StoryTeller Actors, Creature Shop Movie Actors, Creature Shop TV Actors. I'd say leave Creature Shop Voice Actors and Puppeteers as is (not large enough to need subcategorizing and much much messier). -- Andrew Leal (talk) 17:37, 31 May 2008 (UTC)