The Prince Charles, Prince of Wales (b. 1948), full name Charles Philip Arthur George, is the oldest child of Queen Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom and Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, making him heir apparent to the sixteen thrones of Commonwealth realm countries.
After the 1977 Royal Variety Performance, Charles was hugged by Muppet monster Mean Mama. That year, David Lazer invited Charles "or his representative" to the ATV Studios to watch a taping, and consider appearing as a guest on the program, saying he understood "if his schedule —or protocol —prevents him." Charles would have received full script approval. Kermit himself also pitched an appearance.
In 1986, he and Diana attended the Labyrinth Royal Command Premiere.
Kermit the Frog appeared in a 2009 promotional video for the Prince's Rainforests Project, a 2009 online campaign that advocates for an end to rainforest destruction and conservation work in the area.
- When Kermit is asked if he's the frog in The Muppet Show episode 516, he responds, "Of course I'm the frog. Who could I be, the Prince of Wales?"
- Divorced from Diana, Princess of Wales, his marriage to Princess Diana was spoofed in Muppet Magazine issue 2 (spring 1983) as "A Royal Romance: The Frog Prince and Lady Pi".
- Footage of Charles and Diana with one of their sons was shown on TV, on the Muppet Babies episode "Plan 8 from Outer Space."
- In episode 2485 of Sesame Street, The Amazing Mumford performs a magic trick to find Big Bird's necktie for Maria and Luis' wedding. His trick instead puts David in a tuxedo and Gina in a dress. He recalls previously performing the trick for a lovely couple named "Charles and Di."
- Princess Anne, his sister
- ↑ David Lazer letter to Squadron Leader David Checketts, December 16, 1977.
- ↑ Kermit the Frog letter to "Dear Prince", not dated.