City Slickers is a 1991 comedy film starring Billy Crystal, Daniel Stern, Jack Palance and Bruno Kirby. The film follows Mitch, played by Crystal, who has turned 39 years old and is having a midlife crisis. Along with his two best friends, the trio go on a two-week cattle drive, but when Curly the trail boss arrives, misadventures ensue.
A skit from episode 103 of Muppets Tonight parodies both City Slickers and its sequel City Slickers 2. Billy Crystal, Fozzie, and Kermit are three big city comedians rounding up a cattle drive. They make bad puns, deliver a "calf," and even sing an old western tune, "Ragtime Cowboy Joe." Of course, the cattle protest to this, and the sketch ends with the three comedians dodging a stampede.
- Jake Gyllenhaal played Danny Robbins
- Phill Lewis played Steve Jessup
- Jayne Meadows played Mitch's mom
- Helen Slater played Bonnie Rayburn
- Yeardley Smith played Nancy
- Jeffrey Tambor played Lou