The special, hosted by Queen Latifah and John Mayer, is a follow-up to the 2006 television special "When Parents Are Deployed", hosted by Cuba Gooding, Jr. The special was designed to educate adults about the issues and effects of military parents homecomings and associated changes.
In the special, Mayer sings a variation of his song "Say (What You Need to Say)" with the Muppets of Sesame Street.
Sesame Workshop produced the half-hour special in association with David Letterman's production company Worldwide Pants Inc. and Lookalike Productions.
- Kevin Clash as Elmo
- Carmen Osbhar as Rosita
- Tyler Bunch as Ricardo
- Additional Performers: John Kennedy, Matt Vogel
- Executive Producers: Lisa Lax, Nancy Stern, Christina Delfico, Rob Burnett, David Letterman
- Supervising Producer: Valerie Schaer
- Directed by: Jerry Foley
- Written by: Christine Ferraro
- Producers: Kevin Clash, Andrew Ames
- Senior Muppet Consultant: Kevin Clash
- Jim Henson's Creature Workshop:
- Music Composed by: Peter Calandra
- President, Outreach and Educational Practices: Jeanette Betancourt, Ed.D.
- Sesame Workshop Executive Vice President, Education, Research and Outreach: Lewis Bernstein, Ph.D.
- Associate Director: Ken Diego
- Production Designer: Victor DiNapoli
- Technical Director: Tom Guadarrama
- Sound Effects Editor: Dick Maitland, C.A.S.
- Full Special
- Behind the Scenes #1
- Behind the Scenes #2