|Written by||David Korr|
|Series||A Little Golden Book|
Cookie Monster finds a magical Cookie Tree in the forest. The witch who owns the tree doesn't want Cookie Monster eating all her cookies, so she casts a spell on the tree -- it'll now only give cookies to people who'll share them. Cookie Monster hurries back to Sesame Street to find someone to share cookies with, but all of his friends think he's kidding -- they know Cookie Monster would never share cookies.
This book is partially presented in comic book style, with some of the dialogue in word balloons.
- Released as a Book-and-Record set (BR-00010), and as a Book-and-Tape set (BT-00010) in 1981. The recording contains "C is for Cookie" after the story is over.
- Released by Fisher-Price as a book-and-record set and as a book-and-tape set (FP083) in 1981
- Released as a Golden Book (large form, ISBN 030710821) as well as a Little Golden Book
- Sesame Street Book and Record Sets Discography
- Episode 4197 (Cookie Monster tries to grow a cookie tree.)