Corner Gas is a Canadian sitcom set in Dog River, Saskatchewan. It ran from 2004 to 2009 and spawned a 2014 feature film and an animated series (which premiered in 2018).
- In the fourth season episode "One Piano, Four Hands," Karen is upset with Brent for charging a lot of money for tire air. Karen then says she is going to find a place "where the air is free." Brent responds, "Sesame Street?"
- In the sixth season episode "Reader Pride," Brent tries to prove he is the biggest "Saskatchewan Roughriders" fan by wearing all green. After being called several different names he says "I'm not Alaska Man, or Marvin the Martian... or fat Kermit."
- In the sixth season episode "TV Free Dog River," Dog River is competing against another town for who survives not watching TV for one week. However, Oscar offers to people "You want some Muppets? Or how about The Flintstones?"
- In the second Corner Gas Animated episode "Squatch Your Language," when Davis and Emma become obsessed with watching Throne Strife, Oscar and Karen spend time together: "Well, it beats talking about goblins and Muppets!"
- In several episodes, a small toy of Zeb Zoober from the Creature Shop movie The Country Bears can be seen on Davis desk.
- In the sixth season episode "Meat Wave" Wanda shows Brent how cold it is by wearing lots of winter gear including a pair of Elmo mittens.
- In the Corner Gas Animated episode "Dream Wavier" Lacey calls Emma and Oscar frauds and Emma pretending not to hear responds "Did you say frog? Like Kermit the Frog? And is he still dating that karate pig?"