Pferd and Wolle were the first guests and they talked about being friends, what it is like to live in a big carrot, the red couch in the studio that smelled a little like Wolle's aunt Gertrude and many other things.
Afterwards Carsten Morar-Haffke and Martin Paas talked about the characters' personalities, how they became puppeteers, how a puppeteer works (including behind the scenes clip from Eine Möhre für Zwei).
After a few reports, Pferd and Wolle reappeared for more fun and cake. At the end of the show, the Muppeteers resurfaced and were treated to a complimentary massage to counteract the puppeteering strains.
Pferd and Wolle further talked about the new Sesamstrasse online appearance, which was introduced about a month later, in April 2012:
- January 2: Ernie appeared briefly alongside actor Willi Herren, on the show hosted by Hinnerk Baumgarten, to announce the 40th anniversary itinerary taking place throughout January.
- January 3: Pferd and Wolle appeared briefly alongside actor Hans Kahlert on the show, again hosted by Hinnerk Baumgarten, to mention the 40th anniversary celebrations underway.
- January 4: Ernie and Bert briefly appeared together with actress Petra Kleinert on the show, once again hosted by Hinnerk Baumgarten, to talk about the 40th anniversary celebrations.
- January 5: Elmo appears, advertising Sesamstrasse’s 40th anniversary with guests Angelika and Hanna-Charlotte Blumroth vom Lehm as well as host Hinnerk Baumgarten.
- January 6: Finchen and the Wolf appear in a short segment alongside actress Josefine Preuß, hosted once more by Hinnerk Baumgarten.