|Part of Eine Möhre für Zwei|
|A Sesame Street co-production|
|First aired||April 6, 2015|
|Seasons||Season 4 Special|
Der Schatz des Käpt'n Karotte (The Treasure of Cap'n Carrot) is a 60-minute German TV movie starring Wolle, Pferd and Finchen of Sesamstrasse, and featuring supporting characters from their spin-off, Eine Möhre für Zwei.
Wolle and Pferd have to free Käpt'n Karotte ("Cap'n Carrot") and his treasure from the clutches of pirates, as they have kidnapped him and his ship, holding him captive on the island of Möhrensand ("Carrot Sand"). And of course, Wolle and Pferd are also interested in the treasure. Finchen, Rike and Wolf follow them to help; knowing that pirates are unpredictable. Though these particular pirates are a bit tired...
This is the spin-off's second movie, following season 3's Das Geheimnis der Blumenfabrik, and it is actually part of the show's 4th season. It aired on April 6, 2015 (as a special Easter event), on children's TV network KIKA. For subsequent airings, the film was divided into five individual episodes (all but the final episode reading "to be continued..." as they conclude), to fit into regular Eine Möhre für Zwei airings. The film first aired as a 5-part series beginning September 9, 2015.
The movie was released on DVD on September 22, 2017.
"Sesamstraße präsentiert: Der Schatz des Käpt’n Karotte" ("Sesame Street presents: The Treasure of Cap'n Carrot")
aired on April 6, 2015
- "Die geheimnisvolle Botschaft" ("The Mysterious Message")
aired on September 9, 2015
- "Gefangen!" ("Captured!")
aired on September 10, 2015
- "Die falsche Karte" ("The Wrong Map")
aired on September 11, 2015
- "Schatz in Sicht" ("Treasure in Sight")
aired on September 12, 2015
- "Die Rückkehr" ("The Return")
aired on September 13, 2015
- The film was filmed in and around Hamburg and its vast harbor.
- As was the case with the first "Möhre" film Das Geheimnis der Blumenfabrik, the movie premiered at a special theater screening for cast and crew in 2015, at a Hamburg indie theater. Additional tickets were raffled off through the show's official website.
- Unusual for a German Sesame production, this TV movie includes a specially produced animated title sequence, as well as a closing sequence crediting cast and crew by name.
- Martin Paas as Wolle
- Vince Chester rod-hands (Wolle)
- Carsten Morar-Haffke as Pferd
- Charlie Kaiser right-hands (Pferd)
- Andrea Bongers as Finchen
- Martin Reinl as Wolf
- Friederike Linke as Rike
- Waldemar Kobus as pirate captain Käpt'n Karotte
- Michael Kessler as Hauptmann Schwarzsocke
- Torsten Hammann as Doppelklappe
- Martin Schneider as dimwitted pirate