It aired only once, on September 11, 1979, on ZDF. It was never released on home video.
During its introduction, an unseen voice over host announces the special to be in celebration of Die Muppet Show airing its 50th episode on ZDF. In Dick Van Dyke's interview with Kermit, the frog later once more mentions the airing of their 50th episode anniversary on ZDF the following day, while van Dyke points out the production of their first feature film. Muppet Movie would premiere in German speaking countries the following year.
- Horst Gentzen as Kermit the Frog (Kermit der Frosch)
- Bruno W. Pantel as Fozzie Bear (Fozzie Bär)
- Marianne Wischmann as Miss Piggy (Miss Piggy) (speaking only)
- Werner Abrolat as Gonzo
- Christina Hoeltel as Scooter
- Michael Rüth as Rowlf
- Eberhard Storeck as der dänische Koch, das Tier, Dr. Goldzahn (speaking voice), and others
- Manfred Lichtenfeld as Statler and Dr. Goldzahn (singing voice)
- Walter Reichelt as Waldorf
- Wolf Ackva as Sam der Adler
- Paul Lasner as Floyd Pepper
- Gaby Fehling as Janice
- Harald Baerow as Zoot
- Unknown voice actress as Miss Piggy (singing in the finale)