|with three Honkers, Ernie, and Rubber Duckie|
The Dingers are a species of Sesame Street characters. They are very similar to Honkers, except that instead of communicating by honking their noses, they ring the bells on their heads to speak. The species was introduced in Season 13, first appearing in Episode 1578.
Originally, only one Dinger was used primarily, but others have since appeared. The original Dinger was employed as a bellhop at The Furry Arms Hotel, appropriate since his own bell could be rung for service (usually provided by Benny Rabbit).
Dingers come in various colors and sizes:
- Sesame Street
- The Muppets Take Manhattan
- Big Bird's Favorite Party Games
- Sing Yourself Silly!
- Big Bird's Birthday or Let Me Eat Cake
- Sesame Street Jam: A Musical Celebration
- Sesame Street: 25 Wonderful Years
- Don't Forget to Watch the Movie
- 123 Count with Me
- The Adventures of Elmo in Grouchland
- Let's Make Music
- The Furchester Hotel ("Isabel Gets the Ding-Ups")
- The Not-Too-Late Show with Elmo