|Premiere||September 7, 2009|
Jim Henson's Dinosaur Train is a preschool animated television series produced by The Jim Henson Company for PBS Kids. Dinosaur Train is designed to help encourage basic scientific thinking and skills as the preschool audience learns about natural science, natural history and paleontology. The computer-animated series, with animation outsourced to Singapore, consists of 100 episodes.
Created by Craig Bartlett, Dinosaur Train follows the adventures of a young tyrannosaurus rex and his adoptive family of Pteranodons, who goes on the magical train that travels through the time-traveling tunnel through the periods of the Mesozoic Era.
A straight-to-video film Dinosaur Train: Adventure Island was released on April 12, 2021.
Craig Bartlett, Brian Henson, Lisa Henson and Halle Stanford are executive producing Dinosaur Train. The Jim Henson Company is co-producing the series with Singapore animation company BIG Communications, along with participation and assistance from the Singapore Media Development Authority; UK production and support is being provided by Ingenious Media.
- Claire Corlett as Tiny Pteranodon
- Ian James Corlett as Conductor
- Philip Corlett as Buddy Tyrannosaurus (seasons 1-2)
- Sean Thomas as Buddy Tyrannosaurus (season 3)
- Dayton Wall as Buddy Tyrannosaurus (season 4)
- Chance Hurstfield as Buddy Tyrannosaurus (season 5)
- Erika-Shaye Gair as Shiny Pteranodon
- Ellen Kennedy as Mrs. Pteranodon
- Alexander Matthew Marr as Don Pteranodon (seasons 1-2)
- Laura Marr as Don Pteranodon (seasons 3-5)
- Colin Murdock as Mr. Pteranodon
- comicbook.com Craig Bartlett on the Dinosaur Train Movie by Russ Burlingame, April 14, 2021
- The Jim Henson Company Press Release: Dinosaur Train Pulls Into PBS KIDS. January 7, 2009
- https://www.wpbstv.org/dinosaur-train-movie-adventure-island-pbs-kids/ Dinosaur Train MOVIE | Adventure Island! | PBS KIDS
- The Jim Henson Company Press Release: Henson to Debut Two New Animated Properties at MIPCOM 2008. September 18, 2008