|Music by||Jesse Harris|
|Lyrics by||Christine Ferraro|
"Don't Know Y" is a Sesame Street parody of Norah Jones' song "Don't Know Why." This song is about her having planned a playdate with the letter Y (David Rudman), who didn't show up. As she sings, Elmo sees the letter Y showing up late. Elmo tries to tell Norah, but she is too upset to notice. However, she eventually realizes that the Y did come after all.
- The segment was taped on December 3, 2003.
- All-Star Alphabet (2005, beginning scene cut)
- Singing with the Stars (2011)
- Alphabet Songs (2014)
- Awesome Alphabet Collection (2019)
- Script documents provided by a trusted source