|Written by||Tony Geiss|
|Publisher|| Ephemeral Music|
Sesame Street Inc.
"Elmo's Song" is a Sesame Street song from Season 21. Elmo writes his own song and sings it for Big Bird and Mr. Snuffleupagus, who then wish that they had their own songs. Elmo lets them insert their own names into the lyrics, resulting in "Big Bird's Song" and "Snuffy's Song." In those versions, the other two characters provide the backing vocals. The sketch ends with Elmo calling for Gordon and Gabi, so that they can have their own songs. Most releases cut this ending.
In 2018, an animated lyric video of the song was made and shared on the Sesame Street YouTube channel. The video stars Elmo, Big Bird, and Snuffy with Grover conducting. Audience members include Telly Monster, Ernie, Bert, Rosita, Abby Cadabby, and Cookie Monster.
In 2020, a side-by-side comparison of the song's visuals was uploaded to the Sesame Street YouTube channel; this video compares the original version to the aforementioned lyric video (see above).
- Put Down the Duckie! (1990)
- Elmo's Favorite Sing-Alongs (1993)
- Platinum All-Time Favorites (1995)
- The Best of Elmo (1997)
- Big Bird's Sunny Day Camp Out (2000)
- Songs from the Street: 35 Years of Music (2003)
- Sesame Street Playground (2008)
- Elmo's Rainbow and Other Springtime Stories exclusive bonus CD (2010)
- Valentine's Collection (2012)
- Elmo's Sing-Along Guessing Game (1991, introduction and ending edited)
- The Best of Elmo (1994, ending edited)
- Elmo in Grouchland: Sing and Play (1999, both the original with added on-screen lyrics, and a new version with Elmo, Grizzy, and Pesties)
- Kids' Favorite Songs 2 (2001, a new version with Snuffy, Rosita, and Baby Bear)
- 40 Years of Sunny Days (2009)
- Best of Friends (2012)
- The Sesame Street Songbook (1992 and 2007 editions only)
- Stage shows
- Concierto Rock (2016) at Parque Plaza Sésamo
- A Swingin' Sesame Street Celebration: 50 Years & Counting (2019) at Jazz at Lincoln Center