|Air date||December 29, 1969|
|Season||Season 1 (1969-1970)|
- Cartoon: A man uses a ladder to climb up to the top of a capital L.
- Alphabet Bates makes the letter U.
- Cartoon: "Poverty U" -- A figure gives a salute to the letter U, and presents the letter with a bouquet of flowers.
- Speech Balloon: Y -- Yo-Yo (aired twice)
- Ernie and Bert: Ernie writes a dramatic story, which is actually the alphabet. (First: Episode 0009)
- Film: A boy with magic glasses listens to the sounds of an ice cream truck, a dog, a horse galloping, and a parrot. (First: Episode 0008)
- Buddy and Jim try to put on shoes and socks. (First: Episode 0017)
- Film: Three boys (including Brian Henson) pretend to be steam shovels, playing in the dirt. This segues into footage of real construction vehicles. A parallel is drawn between the machinery and how the boys' arms and mouths work. (First: Episode 0003)
- "Triangle and Square": A male voice narrates a story of a jazzy triangle who loved to dance, and a square square. The triangle likes being flexible, but the square would rather be stiff and square. (First: Episode 0007)
- Alphabet Bates makes the letter L. (First: Episode 0031)
- Speech Balloon: “L” – Lunchbox (aired twice) (First: Episode 0031)
- "Jazz #4" (First: Episode 0006)
- "Five Song (Song of Five)" (First: Episode 0006)
- "Jazz #5" (First: Episode 0007)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.