|Air date||February 27, 1970|
|Season||Season 1 (1969-1970)|
- Ernie encounters a sobbing Beautiful Day Monster, who is crying because his ukelele is broken. Ernie shows him a few things one can do with a broken ukelele, but that doesn't stop the monster from crying. Ernie then offers to fix the ukelele. Ernie brings back the ukelele, all fixed. And what does the monster do? He eats it!
- Grover the Assistant: Kermit and Grover count nine blocks.
- Speech Balloon: H--Hole. A boy gets a pie in the face when he looks out of his speech balloon.
- An Anything Muppet sings "Lulu's Back in Town", preparing for the arrival of an enormous monster. (First: Episode 0018)
- Gordon sings "Spinning Wheel". (First: Episode 0012)
- Ernie and Bert have an R collection. (First: Episode 0014)
- Pat Paulsen says the alphabet. (First: Episode 0067)
- Cookie Monster and Ernie: Ernie counts out 11 cookies and one egg. Cookie Monster eats the cookies. (First: Episode 0054)
- Alice Braithwaite Goodyshoes has a small pool of water. She is dry. A monster comes by and throws the pool at her, which makes her wet. (First: Episode 0005)
- Buddy and Jim get confused when a picture falls off of the wall. (First: Episode 0004)
- Ernie and Bert: Ernie chuckles when Alice Braithwaite Goodyshoes gets kissed by a monster. Bert says that he wouldn't think that was funny if it happened to him. Then the Beautiful Day Monster shows up and kisses Ernie. (First: Episode 0005)
- Cartoon: "Poverty H" -- an orange figure tries to talk about the letter H, but a yellow figure keeps listing H words. (First: Episode 0020)
- Cartoon: A man (voiced by Gary Owens) explains how H starts the word "Hello", which is then demonstrated by people calling him and asking for someone named Harold. (First: Episode 0020)
- "Nine Song (Song of Nine)" (First: Episode 0016)