|Air date||February 27, 1970|
|Season||Season 1 (1969-1970)|
- Ernie encounters a sobbing Beautiful Day Monster, who is crying because his ukulele is broken. Ernie shows him a few things one can do with a broken ukulele, but that doesn't stop the monster from crying. Ernie then offers to fix the ukulele. Ernie brings back the ukulele, all fixed. And what does the monster do? He eats it!
- Speech Balloon: H -- Hole. A boy gets a pie in the face when he looks out of his speech balloon.
- An Anything Muppet sings "Lulu's Back in Town", preparing for the arrival of an enormous monster. (First: Episode 0018)
- Ernie and Bert: Ernie has a collection of R's in a box. He shows Bert, who says that Ernie will be the laughingstock of Sesame Street if anyone else finds out. Ernie sadly throws away his R's -- and Bert asks to have the box for his J collection. (First: Episode 0014)
- Cartoon: "Story of R" -- A man and his dog play a film about the letter R, involving a robber who steals a rooster and escapes by rowboat. (First: Episode 0011)
- Cookie Monster and Ernie: Ernie counts out 11 cookies and one egg. Cookie Monster eats the cookies. (First: Episode 0054)
- Alice Braithwaite Goodyshoes has a small pool of water. She is dry. A monster comes by and throws the pool at her, which makes her wet. (First: Episode 0005)
- Ernie and Bert: Ernie chuckles when Alice Braithwaite Goodyshoes gets kissed by a monster. Bert says that he wouldn't think that was funny if it happened to him. Then the Beautiful Day Monster shows up and kisses Ernie. (First: Episode 0005)
- Cartoon: "Poverty H" -- an orange figure tries to talk about the letter H, but a yellow figure keeps listing H words. (First: Episode 0020)
- Cartoon: A man (voiced by Gary Owens) explains how H starts the word "Hello", which is then demonstrated by people calling him and asking for someone named Harold. (First: Episode 0020)
- Cartoon: "Poverty T" -- a figure with glasses explains T words, and at the same time abuses another figure with some of them (including getting him tangled and twirled in twine). The second figure turns out to be a cop, who presents him with a ticket for his trash. (First: Episode 0020)
- Cartoon: A Casey Kasem-voiced man explains the letter T with a TV that plays a concert. When the man begins to sing with it, the conductor on the TV set "turns him off" by tweaking his nose. (First: Episode 0024)
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Episode 0079||Episode 0081|