|Plot||Mr. Hooper helps Big Bird to write poetry.|
|Air date||March 29, 1971|
|Season||Season 2 (1970-1971)|
- In her kitchen, Susan, Big Bird and Gordon share waffles.
- Mr. Hooper puts papers out; they blow away.
- Susan bakes a cake, demonstrating "what happens next".
- Gordon plays a game of "What Will Happen?" with Ernie. After Ernie guesses correctly what will happen when Gordon drops a ball and turns on a radio, Gordon asks what will happen when he picks up a bell and shakes it. Ernie says the bell will ring. Gordon states that a monster will come out and start blowing a flute. Ernie thinks that's silly, but is surprised when that exact thing happens. Gordon admits that he had worked it out beforehand with Cookie Monster, and gives him a cookie. After Gordon leaves, Ernie has an idea for a trick to play on Bert. Ernie tries to play the same trick on Bert, but when Ernie rings the bell, nothing else happens. Bert thinks Ernie's gone bananas, and he leaves. When Ernie wants to know what happened, Cookie Monster says that he couldn't play the flute, because his mouth was full of cookies. (First: Episode 0031)
- Oscar talks about the letter J.
- Jughead Jones talks about the letter J. (aired twice)
- Bob and Gordon learn to cooperate when they sweep up litter: with one person holding the dustpan, and the other using the broom.
- Gordon goes fishing.
- Bob and kids match things.
- Gordon and kids have a Spanish lesson.
- Cartoon: "Story of J" -- Two boys are told of a man named Joe who is sent to jail after jamming a june bug into a jar and a tire pump. (First: Episode 0009)
- Cartoon: A man has a "J" under his hat, and lists the various names and things that start with the letter "J" to another man.
- Ernie & Bert — Ernie tries to help a mailman deliver a letter to Mrs. Mary Ann ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ. (First: Episode 0038)
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Episode 0230||Episode 0232|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.