|Plot||An ice cream machine is installed on Sesame Street.|
|Air date||May 14, 1971|
|Season||Season 2 (1970-1971)|
- An ice cream machine is installed on Sesame Street, in front of Gordon and Susan's window. Bob passes by, on his way to Hooper's Store for an ice cream, and the man who installed the machine sings the praises of the vending machine: each ice cream is individually wrapped, never touched by human hands, and the vending machine is closer than Hooper's Store and is never in a bad mood. Bob says that Mr. Hooper is a very nice person, his hands are clean, and his ice cream tastes great, but it won't hurt to try one from the vending machine. Mr. Hooper sees Bob eating his ice cream and worries that the vending machine will put him out of business. Bob assures him that it won't, because a machine can't give you a smile when it gives you an ice cream. Big Bird wants birdseed ice cream, but the vending machine only has vanilla and chocolate. Oscar too opts for Hooper's, and tells the man that sardine ice cream is a big seller on Sesame Street. Later, Susan and Gordon consider trying the vending machine but by now it only has birdseed and sardine ice cream, so they go to Hooper's too.
- Today's Secret Drawing: A mailman.
- Hubley animation: A cat chases a mouse into a mouse hole. The cat and mouse make music as they hit the wall, until the cat breaks through the mouse hole.
- Cookie Monster: An Anything Muppet boy explains what a telephone is as a hungry Cookie Monster watches.
- Sesame Street Animal Films: Frogs.
- Ernie & Bert — Ernie eats the cake that Bert was planning on eating. Bert sees some icing on Ernie's mouth, a bib around his neck, and a fork and knife in Ernie's hand, and Ernie tells Bert that a monster came in, ate Bert's cake, and put the evidence on Ernie. Bert doesn't believe Ernie's lie and gets another piece of cake, but when he leaves the room, Beautiful Day Monster comes in and does exactly what Ernie told Bert happened to the first cake, but Bert doesn't believe Ernie. (First: Episode 0119)
- Cartoon: A poem filled with T words, including a teacher, toys, Texas, and "turtles with brains". (First: Episode 0024)
- Jack sings "A, You're Adorable" to his girlfriend, and then Cookie Monster forces him to sing it again. (First: Episode 0023)
- Cartoon: "Poverty T" -- a figure with glasses explains T words, and at the same time abuses another figure with some of them (including getting him tangled and twirled in twine). The second figure turns out to be a cop, who presents him with a ticket for his trash. (First: Episode 0020)
- Ernie & Bert — Ernie has a stack of seven cupcakes that he wants to take a picture of, but Cookie Monster steals the "cuppycakes". (EKA: Episode 0235)
- Ernie & Bert — Bert hears the phone ringing inside a basket, and asks Ernie to answer it. Ernie goes through the basket, and finds a banana. He pretends it's a phone, and gives it to Bert to talk to. Ernie answers the real phone, and tells the caller that Bert can't come to the phone because he's talking on the banana. (First: Episode 0004)
- Cartoon: A cat catches a TELEPHONE and eats it.
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Episode 0264||Episode 0266|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.