|Plot||Big Bird helps when Mr. Snuffleupagus gets his trunk stuck in the mailbox.|
|Air date||December 6, 1971|
|Season||Season 3 (1971-1972)|
- It's Oscar's favorite day, trash collection day, and he imagines what it would be like if everybody (especially Gordon and Tom) loved trash the way he does.
- Oscar sings "I Love Trash".
- Cartoon: A housewife screams because there is a mouse in her house. Her husband's solution is to continually bring in animals to chase it out, with each animal making an even bigger mess than the previous one. (EKA: Episode 0266)
- Mr. Snuffleupagus mails a letter and his snuffle gets caught in the mailbox. After some thought and effort, Big Bird solves the problem of getting his friend's nose out. Later, Susan is skeptical of Big Bird's story about Mr. Snuffleupagus and the mailbox.
- Cartoon: A man named Wilbur tries to explain that the letter "W" is in his name.
- Cartoon: W - Wallpaper
- Gordon holds a weathervane and explains that when the wind blows from the west, the arrow points to the letter W.
- Cookie Monster and Ernie: Ernie explains how a scale can determine what is heavier than another object. With the scale, he was planning to split some cookies with Bert, but can't figure out how to do it. Cookie Monster shows him his way of solving the problem: he eats the cookies off each side of the scale until there are no cookies left. Ernie is disappointed since all he's left with is a "really good scale". Cookie disagrees--he's tasted better. (EKA: Episode 0264)
- Tom demonstrates that a dummy barbell is heavy; Susan observes that a feather is light; Oscar finally shows that a marble is light while a bowling ball is heavy.
- Big Bird recites a poem that he made about the octopus.
- Sesame Street Animal Films: The octopus.
- Mr. Snuffleupagus sorts china as he sings a "Sorting Song".
- Big Bird and Mr. Snuffleupagus count 6 balloons.
- Guy Smiley hosts "The Trading Game" with contestants Oscar the Grouch and Sally Screamer. Oscar wins a beautiful scarf, and Sally wins a dirty dustrag; they each want the other's prize. (First: Episode 0279)
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Episode 0290||Episode 0292|