|Plot||The fire inspector teaches Gordon how to prevent fires.|
|Air date||December 13, 1971|
|Season||Season 3 (1971-1972)|
|Sponsors||L, P, 11|
- Gordon goes to the store and buys eleven carrots.
- Cartoon: "Story of P" - The story of a puppy found in a park by a policeman.
- The fire inspector arrives at Gordon's building and discovers a dangerous condition: a door is stuck.
- The fire inspector advises Gordon not to put paper bags on the stove. If someone lit the stove, a fire could start (or the pilot light could start one). Then the fireman continues to inspect the building as Gordon prepares to repair the stuck door.
- Gordon and Tom tighten the hinge and fix the door. The fire inspector then says that the house is one of the best kept buildings he has seen.
- Because the lid of a box won't stay open by itself, Gordon can't put a large beachball in it alone, and Bob can't put a large inflated beach animal toy in it alone. They discover that if one of them holds the lid the other can easily put his article in the box. (EKA: Episode 0234)
- A kid holding Molly's mailbag (and hidden behind a newsstand) makes it appear as if the mailbag is walking.
- Some kids can't move a heavy box by themselves and Tom can't pick up a newspaper because his hands are full. They help one another and succeed.
- Film / Animation: The ET family is demonstrated in a story of the zet, a quick-witted bird.
- Oscar insists that Molly put his new wastebasket full of scrap paper on top of his can. As expected, when he opens the can to come out, he knocks the wastebasket over.
- David gives a kid a kitten. They discuss what the kitten needs to live: food, water, milk, toys, other cats for friends, and room to run around in.
- Ernie & Bert — Ernie's doctor comes over. Ernie keeps trying to tell the doctor why he called him, but the doctor is too occupied with checking on Ernie, hardly allowing him to get a word in edgewise. (First: Episode 0137)
- Answer Lady
- Ernie thinks that he isn't special. Bert tells Ernie to feel his nose -- "That's an Ernie nose!" -- and then feel his hair, and wiggle his fingers. Bert says that nobody else is just like Ernie. Encouraged, Ernie tells the audience to do the same. (First: Episode 0276)
- Film: Walrus
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Episode 0295||Episode 0297|