|Air date||December 28, 1971|
|Season||Season 3 (1971-1972)|
- Big Bird reviews all the uses of water. People and birds drink water. Plants must be watered to grow. And fish live in water.
- In the Old West, a couple of cowboy Muppets meet the Alphabet Kid, who claims that he can write the alphabet faster than any man alive. To prove it, he quickly draws his crayon and speedily writes out the whole alphabet.
- Molly and some kids talk about snow.
- Film: Kids have fun in the snow.
- Big Bird shows Molly his new pet, a triangle named Pointy who actually speaks. She's so amazed that she tells Oscar about it. Oscar thinks it's strange too, and tells the story to Boxy, his pet rectangle.
- Grover makes a box which rings a bell.
- Mr. Snuffleupagus is sad because he thinks that he's just the same as everybody else, but Big Bird shows him that he's different. Snuffleupagus has four big stumpy feet and Big Bird has two skinny feet; he has a great big long skinny, twirly nose and Big Bird has a beak; he lives in a cave and Big Bird lives in a nest.
- Molly and a kid demonstrate how to count to 11 on their fingers.
- Oscar recites a poem about an octopus.
- Showing three rhymed words on an art card, Gordon sings the Same/Different Song and asks how the three words are the same.
- Simon Soundman has the viewers guess what sound he is making. He makes the sound of a train, car, and a horse. When Simon makes the sound of the horse, a cowboy uses his lasso to capture Simon, mistaking him for a real horse. (EKA: Episode 0297)
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Episode 0306||Episode 0308|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.