|Plot|| David tries to study for a law school exam.|
repeat of 0494
|Air date||April 24, 1975|
|Season||Season 6 (1974-1975)|
|Sponsors||Q, U, 2|
- Mr. Hooper, who has taken the day off, enters his store to see David reading while on the job. But since there haven't been any customers, and when he sees that the reason why David has been reading was because he has to study for a law school exam, Mr. Hooper lets him take the day off studying in the Arbor Area while he goes to work.
- Sesame Street News Flash: Don Music tries to write "Mary Had a Little Lamb", but he can't come up with a word that rhymes with "snow". Kermit suggests that Don try another angle, which leads to Don writing the hit song "Mary Had a Bicycle". Don sings the song, with back-up vocals from the Monotones. (First: Episode 0698)
- Big Bird comes in to sit with David in the Arbor Area. Big Bird proceeds to study about the letter U as he takes out a ukulele and an umbrella out of his school bag as visual demonstration. David agrees to let him study with him as long as he is quiet...until Big Bird does something else that begins with U : going UNDER the table.
- Professor Grover gives a lecture about parts of the body, with help from a reluctant Maria. (EKA: Episode 0728)
- Maria studies with David, but a problem arises. Maria studies with her radio on, but David can only study when it's quiet. (This contradicts episode 0752, when David asks Sam the Machine to play music while he's studying.)
- Cartoon: Vaudeville duo Herman Happy and Stanley Sad sing a song about how they live up to their names.
- Film: Kids compare animals and human tools and technology.
- Maria classifies by function using transportation methods and a trumpet.
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Episode 0788||Episode 0790|