|Air date||January 28, 1977|
|Season||Season 8 (1976-1977)|
|Sponsors||T, Y, 10|
- Cookie Monster and Ernie: Ernie and Cookie Monster discuss hope. Ernie has something in a brown paper bag, and asks Cookie Monster what he hopes it is. Cookie Monster hopes that it is a cookie. It turns out that Ernie has ten cookies in the bag. (EKA: Episode 0233)
- Maria performs a great subtraction play.
- Ernie & Bert — Ernie keeps taking glasses of water outside the apartment. Bert thinks of possible uses Ernie could have for this water. As it turns out, the kitchen faucet is broken, and Ernie's trying to get rid of the water before the apartment floods. (EKA: Episode 0669)
- Cartoon: Two men (represented by only their heads) have their own different idea, and tell the other about it; now both men know twice as much. (EKA: Episode 0268)
- Cartoon: Two men on a park bench turn their radios up louder and louder, each trying to drown the other's out, until they reach a station they can agree on. (EKA: Episode 0796)
- A cat is used to demonstrate small, smaller, smallest.
- Cartoon: A Casey Kasem-voiced man explains the letter T with a TV that plays a concert. When the man begins to sing with it, the conductor on the TV set "turns him off" by tweaking his nose. (First: Episode 0024)
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Episode 0969||Episode 0971|