|Plot|| Oscar calls the Grouch Market.|
repeat of 0743
|Air date||March 1, 1977|
|Season||Season 8 (1976-1977)|
|Sponsors||X, Z, 2|
- Oscar calls the Grouch Market for rhyming trash that would rhyme with ocks.
- Everybody is supposed to guess Gordon's job by the sound he makes.
- Sesame Street News Flash: A princess says that the one she has chosen to be her prince has bulgy eyes, small ears, and a funny voice, is wearing a hat and coat, and is a frog. Kermit the Frog is the only one who fits that description, so she kisses him, thinking he'll become a prince. In a puff of smoke, she turns into a frog. Kermit invites her to "the hop" and she accepts. (First: Episode 0843)
- Marshal Grover: Grover asks Fred the Wonder Horse why he's walking backwards -- he can only see where he's been, and not where he's going. He also wants to know what happened to Fred's head. Fred explains that Marshal Grover doesn't know the difference between front and back. "That is a terrible, mean, cruel thing to say to me, Fred!" Marshal Grover exclaims. "It is true, but..." Fred tells Grover that he's facing backward, and if he turns around, he'll see Fred's head. Grover turns around, and cries: "Oh, Fred! I've missed you! Oh, it's good to see you!" Fred says that if he stays turned around, he'll be able to see where he's going. Grover tries it, and he's proud to know the difference between front and back. Unfortunately, now his head is resting on the saddle, with his feet in the air. (EKA: Episode 0668)
- Cartoon: Gloria, a rambunctious little girl, tries to sing the Alphabet Song as an unseen person directs her. (Uppercase version) (EKA: Episode 0263)
- Cartoon: What if a frog and a fly switched bodies? What do you think would happen?(EKA: Episode 0406)
- Cartoon: Fred, a singer, fails to figure out the words that rhyme with his name in the song he sings. (First: Episode 0951)
- Cartoon: A unicorn makes Z words.
- Film: "Listen ..." to various sounds, including the ocean, a heart beating, a clock ticking, a horse galloping, crickets chirping, a passing train, and others. (EKA: Episode 0977)
- Cartoon: "Count Up Elevator" -- An elevator operator stops at ten floors to pick up passengers, including a witch, a fireman, and a kangaroo. The tenth passenger, a mouse, causes the elevator to overload and explode. (First: Episode 0003)
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Episode 0991||Episode 0993|