| Big Bird's cousin Herman visits Sesame Street.|
(repeat of 0745)
|Air date||March 4, 1977|
|Season||Season 8 (1976-1977)|
- Big Bird's cousin, Herman Bird, is coming to visit from the country. Big Bird has built a house for his cousin -- but he forgot to hold the wood together, and it falls apart.
- Maria asks Herman to return a watering can, thinking he's Big Bird.
- Herman goes to sleep, but is woken up by the city noises, which are all strange to him.
- Big Bird finally puts Herman to sleep by playing farm animal sounds on his tape recorder, but this wakes up everyone else in the neighborhood.
- Song: "Change It to a Song".
- Cartoon: A cat makes noise with a telephone, typewriter, trumpet, and piano. When the cat leaves, the devices come to life, and when he comes back, they all sound at once, frightening the cat. (First: Episode 0844)
- Film: Kids pick green beans in the field. Later their mom cooks the beans, and they eat them.
- Film (stop-motion) : 'Beginning - end' - a barber gives a boy a haircut.
- Film (stop-motion): 'Beginning - end' - a woman makes a sandwich.
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Episode 0994||Episode 0996|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.