- Written by: Michael Jacobs and Bob Young
- Directed by: William Dear
- Taped: March 29, 1991
- Aired: April 26, 1991
Harried Fran has one wish in life: a new set of pots and pans with mesh screens for lids--the better to keep dinner in the pot! Earl realizes that he can't afford to buy the simplest of pleasures for his family, which leads him to ask boss Richfield for a raise, with disastrous results. A chance meeting with the escaped "dinner" saves the day (and job) when dinner reappears as Earl's new supervisor at Wesayso Development Corp.
- This episode was the first produced and first aired. It was ment to be the pilot of the series.
- When Fran keeps suggesting to earl that he ask her about her day, the following dialog was cut:
- Earl: I mean this with all love and everything, but... I don't give a damn about your day.
- Fran: (sternly) Ask me about my day!
And the the scene goes on as seen in syndication, with Earl saying "Nothing that happened in your little day has any importance of how I'm going to spend the rest of my life". This scene was included in the video release from 1992.