|Plot||David's grandmother helps Oscar write a love poem.|
|Air date||December 15, 1977|
|Season||Season 9 (1977-1978)|
|Sponsors||D, E, 8|
- David's grandmother shows Maria how to use an apple peeler.
- David's grandmother helps Oscar the Grouch complete a love poem with words that rhyme.
- Animation: Shape sorting by shape.
- Animation: Shape sorting by size.
- Animation: Shape sorting by color, size, and shape.
- David's grandmother sings a song.
- Cartoon: A small man and his assistant Dudley attempt to demonstrate both the capital and lower-case letter D. (First: Episode 0016)
- Cookie Monster stars in the story of The Boy Who Cried Monster, read by Maria. In it he plays a monster who is constantly stealing cookies from the local villagers. One young boy can't resist tricking his neighbors by shouting "monster!" when there isn't one, but when the monster finally does appear, no one believes him. As a result, the boy loses his cookies to the monster. (First: Episode 0412)
- Cartoon: Children and animals numbered 1-12 race in a marathon. The #9 runner wins. (First: Episode 0926)
- David leaves to spend a few days with his grandmother.
- The Martians discover a telephone. They say hello to it, and then try mooing, meowing, and clucking at it. None of these bring any response. Then the phone begins to ring. The Martians, thinking it's talking, start making ringing noises back. (First: Episode 0398)
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Episode 1068||Episode 1070|