|Plot||Mr. Snuffleupagus is homesick for Hawaii|
|Air date||December 27, 1977|
|Season||Season 9 (1977-1978)|
|Sponsors||I, T, 5|
- Kermit's Lectures: Kermit the Frog talks about clues. He shows that a boy has grown some carrots because he has a hoe, a watering can, and a bunch of carrots. Next, he confirms that a man has built a birdhouse because of his wood, paint, and carpenter's tools. When he notices the Beautiful Day Monster with a suitcase and an umbrella, Kermit assumes that the monster is going on a trip and using the umbrella to protect himself from the rain. The monster corrects him; he's planning to eat his umbrella, and uses the suitcase to carry the ketchup he'll use to eat it with. (First: Episode 0118)
- Big Bird sings "Admiral Bird", about being the Admiral of the Navy. It's revealed at the song's end that he's not really sailing at sea, but rather pretending to sail in a parked boat in a parking lot. (First: Episode 0946)
- Big Bird tells Mr. Snuffleupagus about the planned trip to Hawaii. He reveals that Hawaii is where Snuffleupaguses come from.
- Big Bird builds a Hawaiian setting on Sesame Street for Mr. Snuffleupagus.
- Big Bird's Hawaiian setting disappears.
- Ernie & Bert — Ernie brings an umbrella, a flashlight, and Bert's bowling ball to the bathtub, just in case the electricity goes out, the roof leaks, and somebody shows up asking to borrow a bowling ball. Bert thinks that Ernie is being ridiculous -- but everything happens, just as Ernie predicted. (EKA: Episode 0269)
- Film: An I-beam is molded at a steel factory as heavy industrial-type music underscores the action. The segment ends on a video freeze of the finished beam, which is shaped like the letter "I."
- Mr. Snuffleupagus wants to come to Hawaii with Big Bird, but he can't figure out how to get there.
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Episode 1076||Episode 1078|