|The Muppet Show|
|Production||May 27, 1976|
Embarrassed about being the "token person" on the show, Harvey is dressed up as a giant chicken.
- The Electric Mayhem performs "Love Ya to Death."
- Kermit the Frog interviews Animal.
- Talking Houses: Movers
- Harvey, as a circus performer, "tames" the gentle Thog.
- Panel Discussion: What is the Meaning of Life?
- At the Dance
- UK Spot: The Electric Mayhem plays "Sweet Tooth Jam."
- Talk Spot: Kermit puts Harvey in a giant chicken suit when he complains about being the token person on the show.
- Veterinarian's Hospital: Hiccupping Patient
- Wayne and Wanda perform "I Get a Kick Out of You," with predictable results.
- Blackout: Harvey joins the chickens in a march.
- Fozzie's Comedy Act: Fozzie ropes Kermit into helping with the "Good grief, the comedian's a bear!" joke.
- Muppet News Flash: The Boxer
- Robin the Frog, perched on a staircase, sings "Halfway Down the Stairs."
|Fozzie's Joke: "My house is so dirty that my dog buries his bones in the living room carpet!" (Fozzie doesn't get it)|
|"The Muppet Show Theme": Gonzo breaks the center of the O in the logo.|
|Kermit welcomes the audience to the show. Kermit wants to start the show with a "high note" before getting a trumpet blasted in his ear. Waldorf suggest it's better than starting it with a "bang", leading them to face down Crazy Harry. With the weirdness calmed down, Kermit introduces Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem.|
|Dr Teeth and the Electric Mayhem sing "Love Ya to Death" as everything explodes around them.|
|Kermit interviews the drummer Animal, going over his love of drumming, food and his influences, including Tony Checkers, who will replace him next week. (until Animal beats the idea out of his head)|
|Talking Houses: Left House has pain on her insides due to movers.|
|Harvey plays "Maurice the Magnificent", an animal tamer who tries to tame the dangerous (and extremely docile) Thog. Thog compliments "Morris" as Maurice rages. Maurice eventually makes his wild beast dance, only to unexpectedly made part of a duo by the end of the act and thrown in the cage.|
|Panel Discussion: Kermit asks the panel (Miss Piggy, another pig, a Whatnot and Harvey) "What is the Meaning of Life?" Harvey suggests life is like a tennis game, getting on Piggy's nerves with the pig puns. Harvey mentioned he has the last issue of Life before Kermit decides to end with next week's discussion: "Is Conversation a Dying Art?"|
|At the Dance: Mildred finds herself attracted to George while Rowlf finds a guy with a swelled balloon head. (which explodes)|
|Backstage, Rowlf and Muppy suggest their worries of ecology to Harvey: with no trees, the dogs are in trouble.|
|UK Spot: Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem return with "Sweet Tooth Jam", with Animal yelling "Jam!" throughout the number.|
|Talk Spot: As Kermit worries the guest isn't having a "great time", Harvey complains about being the token person on a show with "dogs and frogs and pigs and chickens" and the fear of hoof-and-mouth disease. Feeling weird about his experience, the Muppets dress him in a chicken suit. Upon the experience, Harvey pronounces he feels like laying an egg backstage.|
|Veterinarian's Hospital: A patient has the hiccups, but Dr. Bob is more concerned with his own problems, such as being overworked and underpaid. The patient eventually explodes, and decides to quit while he's ahead.|
|Wanda sings "I Get a Kick Out of You", where Wayne kicks her at the end. Sam cries throughout it, both due to the tear in his eye thinking of them and the embarrassment of the act.|
|Blackout: T.R. the Rooster leads a platoon of chickens with Harvey at the end, wondering how he could get out of this "chicken outfit". Muppy keeps him in line.|
|Fozzie Bear does an act with Kermit requiring him to say "Good grief, the comedian's a bear!" at the moment he says "hear"...but a problem with homophones and timing leads to the frog and the bear to nearly screw up the act until they finally get to the corny punchline.|
|Muppet News Flash: Middleweight champion Carl Boomer can't find anyone to defend his title against, so he's fighting himself. He thinks he can knock himself out in the 10th round. The Newsman thinks his head is "down for the count".|
|Robin sings "Halfway Down the Stairs" in the middle of a staircase.|
|At the closing, Kermit reintroduces Harvey Korman as "Chicken Little". Harvey gets sick of the chicken bit and Kermit apologizes.|
- During the interview with Animal, Kermit mentions that one of his idols is famed drummer Buddy Rich. However, when Rich was invited for his episode by Muppet Show bandleader Jack Parnell, Jim Henson stated that he didn't know who he was.
- Outside of one brief joke between Korman, Rowlf the Dog and Muppy, everything in this episode was depicted on stage.
- Wayne & Wanda's song, "I Get a Kick Out of You," was cut on Nickelodeon.
- The backstage scene was cut on Odyssey.
- Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, Rowlf the Dog, Statler and Waldorf, Crazy Harry, Dr. Teeth, Floyd Pepper, Animal, Zoot, Janice, The Houses, Thog, Pigs, Whatnots, George the Janitor, Mildred Huxtetter, Dancers, Muppy, Sam the Eagle, Wanda, Wayne, T.R. the Rooster, Chickens, The Newsman, Robin the Frog
- Jim Henson as Kermit the Frog, Dr. Teeth, Waldorf, and the Newsman
- Frank Oz as Fozzie Bear, Animal, Sam the Eagle, Patient, Pig, Baskerville, George the Janitor, and Mildred
- Jerry Nelson as Robin, Thog, Crazy Harry, the Announcer, one of the Houses, Whatnot, Chickens, and T.R. Rooster
- Richard Hunt as Statler, Miss Piggy, and Miss Piggy's dancing partner
- Dave Goelz as Zoot and Muppy
- Eren Ozker as Rowlf's dancing partner, Janice and Wanda
- John Lovelady as one of the Houses