|The Muppet Show|
|Production||September 28-30, 1976|
|Premiere|| UK: December 12, 1976|
NYC: April 18, 1977
- In a gladiator sketch, "Sir Avery of Macho" battles Sweetums with insults.
- Muppet Labs: Gorilla Detector
- At the Dance
- UK Spot: "May You Always"
- Talk Spot: Kermit, Piggy and Avery form a love triangle.
- "Some Enchanted Evening"
- Veterinarian's Hospital: Chicken
- Fozzie's Comedy Act: A Banana in My Ear
- Muppet News Flash: There is no news tonight
- "Make a Song"
| "The Muppet Show Theme": (Note: Fozzie's opening joke from this episode was featured on The Muppet Show Album.)|
Gonzo hits Beautiful Day Monster instead of the "O."
|Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem perform an old favorite, "Tenderly," but adapted to the band’s loud, energetic sensibilities.|
|Backstage, Miss Piggy has come up with a clever plan to make Kermit jealous, and takes on the help of Scooter to carry out her scheme. She has Scooter tell Kermit that guest star Avery Schreiber is mad about her.|
| ||Kermit reports on a gladiator match between "Sir Avery of Macho and the Monster of the Moors". Sir Avery challenges the monster to a battle with the weapon of insult.|
|Muppet Labs: Dr. Bunsen Honeydew demonstrates his gorilla detector. For instance, despite the fact that his lab appears to be attacked by a gorilla, he can safely determine that it is not an actual gorilla because the detector's alarm is not going off.|
|Kermit asks Scooter to go get Avery, but Scooter tells him that it cannot be done. He tells his boss that Miss Piggy is in Avery's dressing room and he does not want to be disturbed. The frog seems disgusted by the notion.|
|Avery plays a security guard at a museum. He decides to have a bite to eat next to a "painting" of Fozzie. Whenever Avery turns away, Fozzie reaches through the frame and tries to steal his food! Finally, Avery climbs into the painting to fight Fozzie for his food. However, opportunity presents itself where they can both eat, stealing Rowlf's food.|
|At the Dance: Animal's dance partner reveals that she's into, not meditation, but sedation.|
|UK Spot: Baskerville, Muppy, and Catgut serenade a photograph of Lassie with "May You Always."|
|Talk Spot: Avery plays Miss Piggy's game to make Kermit jealous, and it works! Kermit blows up at Avery, calling Piggy his girl and even tells her she's joining him for dinner.|
|Wayne sings "Some Enchanted Evening" to Wanda but gets eaten by Gorgon Heap. Wanda protests, "He said meet, not eat" a stranger.|
|Veterinarian's Hospital: Dr. Bob and his assistants toss about a few chicken jokes. The reason, as Nurse Piggy reveals, is that Dr. Bob is "for the birds."|
|Kermit reveals to Piggy that he is not jealous, but rather Scooter had told him that it was all a trick. Scooter soon learns his lesson.|
|Fozzie's Comedy Act: Avery comes out to defend Fozzie from Statler and Waldorf, relating how he's used to being heckled... by his comedy partner. He convinces Fozzie to try a bit that he's always wanted to do: the banana in the ear gag. When Fozzie tries it, the joke fails to get a laugh. But when Avery does, the audience is left in stitches. Statler and Waldorf reveal why: "It's his pace!" "His timing!" "His delivery!" "His ear!"|
|Muppet News Flash: The Newsman rushes on to proclaim: "There is no news tonight!" (Repeated from episode 105.)|
|Avery plays "Make a Song" with some Koozebanians, two Fazoobs, an eel, Shakey Sanchez and Ohboy Bird.|
|At the closing, Kermit brags to Avery about having control in his relationship with Miss Piggy. Piggy then comes onstage to reveal who really has control, throwing Kermit down with a karate chop.|
- A new Janice puppet is introduced in this episode, in the backstage scenes. In the opening number and Vet's Hospital, however, the old puppet is used.
- This is the first episode to imply that Kermit does have feelings for Ms. Piggy.
- During his appearance in Fozzie's monologue, Avery yells out "see Jack, I told you"; referring to his former comedy partner Jack Burns, who was writing the Muppet Show’s first season.
- Kermit quotes Knute Rockne, which he claims he said in 1932. However, Rockne died in 1931.
- Nickelodeon: The scene where Scooter tells Kermit about Avery and Miss Piggy being romantic behind Kermit's back was cut.
- Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, Scooter, Rowlf the Dog, Statler and Waldorf, Dr. Teeth, Floyd Pepper, Janice, Zoot, Animal, Sweetums, Dr. Bunsen Honeydew, Brewster, Baskerville the Hound, Catgut, Muppy, Sam the Eagle, Wayne, Wanda, Gorgon Heap, The Newsman, Baby Koozebanian Creatures, Fazoobs, Male Koozebanian Creature, Shakey Sanchez, Pigs, Chicken, Dancers
- Jim Henson as Kermit the Frog, Rowlf, Dr. Teeth, Waldorf and the Newsman
- Frank Oz as Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, Animal and Sam the Eagle
- Jerry Nelson as Floyd Pepper, Shakey Sanchez and Baskerville
- Richard Hunt as Scooter, Statler, Sweetums, Wayne, Gorgon Heap, Pig Dancers and Catgut
- Dave Goelz as Dr. Bunsen Honeydew, Brewster, Muppy and Chicken
- Eren Ozker as Janice, Wanda, Rowlf's and Animal's dancing partners and Baby Koozebanian
- John Lovelady as the Announcer and Male Koozebanian
- Falk, Karen. "Jim Henson's Red Book", 9/28/1976 - Avery Schreiber (MS)
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Candice Bergen||Ben Vereen|